Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 1, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: TOY STORY 3



(Copyright Pixar 2010)

So i took me a while to appreciate my opinion about movies and i think Richard Roaper and I are similar in some aspects, like how he grade the movies, and sometimes not....So Some of my blogs are going to be Movie Reviews and the scale is going to be like Richards. PS I may be mean...Just giving you a heads up


Since the first one, Toy Story has always been one of the leading flagships for animation. Pixar has been so kind to show us that no matter what story they do, whether is a jealous toy, a curious robot, a fish searching for his gimped finned son, we can expect the best from them. The Name Pixar doesn't have a smudge on it.

Sequels always scare me. I feel its so risky to continue a good story when there is no need. If i had it my way there wouldn't be sequels.

I regress though, for Pixar has the freedom to do what they like, because their reputation once again precedes them in Toy Story 3.

Toy Story 3 starts off with Andy getting ready to go to college. The toys continue to keep contriving plans to get Andy to play with them, and well you know how most 17 year old feels about toys. Before he leaves, Andy's Mother accidentally sends his toys to a daycare, where the toys's idea of a daycare, changes when they get there.

So My Review: The story is fantastic, and Toy story still keeps up with the subtle references from classic movies like Star Wars and others. The characters are still fresh as if we never left them. The catchphrases are hilarious and the comedy is spot on(especially the conversations between the Ken Doll and Barbie).

Everyone Reprises their roles(except Jim Varney "slinky-dog" who died in 2000) which is a blessing because the new character fit in perfectly. Whoopi Goldberg and Michael Keaton are some of the few that join the cast.

A+ is highest and F- is worst. I will also let you know if you should pass or see this movie, so you don't waste your money or time.



TOY STORY 3
GRADE: A
RECOMMENDATION: SEE IT IN THE MOVIE THEATER, DON'T MISS IT!

1 comment:

  1. Just shaking my head that you saw another movie without me!

    I still have not seen but will be going.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete