Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 31, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: THE TOURIST

(Spyglass entertainment 2010)





SYNOPSIS: The wife of a fugitive is directed to find someone of his liking so as to throw off the police. The end result is so that the wife and the fugitive can be together in peace.

CHARACTERS: Four Words: Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp. The acting was superb, but should we have thought less of the two? That is all. Angelina has perfected sex, and Mr Depp has mastered any part he gets, although there is one scene where he is supposed to be suave, and i felt he didn't pull it off.

REVIEW: INCEPTION has definitely taken movies to a new level, as well as my critiquing. Nonetheless i stay resolved to critique every movie as its own. I judge movies according to a few things. I want to be entertained, and i want to see some good acting, and i don't want to guess the ending, and I want to be moved in some way, so that when i leave the theater i can say "Whoa!"
"Tourist" was the basic template of any action movie, and from the dialogue, Jolie and Depp sang like birds, but i felt that toward the movie's end i already knew what was going to happen. Also it seemed like halfway through the movies, the lines got corny and cornier. Granted, it wasn't very easy to catch since our two amazing leads rocked the lines. Nonetheless, this movie was entertaining, fun, and worth the money I paid. By the way, If there needed to be a picture of what sexy is in the dictionary, it would be Angelina Jolie.

SUMMARY:
GRADE B+
RECOMMENDATION: SEE IT IN THEATERS, DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY AND THE EXPERIENCE.

4 comments:

  1. Soooo... I just saw this film and honestly thought it left much to be desired. I love both Angie and Johnny, and judging from their collection of action/romance films they have both done over the years this film didn't measure up to any either have done in the past. I feel this film was flat lined the whole way through.The script was blah, the story-line was mmmm k, and there was never any real high point as far as the over all action, fighting, chase scenes etc. A total DOA. I feel giving this film a "B+" is being more than generous. This can be considered "B+" film due to the cinematography, location, and 2 main actors that act well given any script or circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your review. I enjoyed this movie more than I expected. I thought the script was pretty good and it kept me guessing. The Venice scenery was perfect for this film. I agree with your rating.

    It is worth seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you David for the comment. I actually gave the review based on the actors performance and the cinematography, which is rare. The plot fit the same stereotype though i agree, but the made the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, its a miracle Ron! Lol I think this movie could have done more...

    ReplyDelete