Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 27, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: MEGAMIND

(2010 Dreamworks)
SYNOPSIS: 2 Baby aliens from dying planets come to earth to become today's villain and hero.

CHARACTERS: The story started out well, and has a very relaxed feel to it. I really liked the beginning because it didn't take itself so seriously. The humor was subtle and they used a lot of the acting from the facial expressions. I really loved that. I didn't like though the pace. The jokes felt the same and halfway through the movie i felt like i was forcing myself to laugh. By the end of the movie, i was grateful it was over, even though it was all charming. This movie fell short for me, and the sad part is that i really wanted it to succeed.

REVIEW: Watch this movie at red box, that way you can fall asleep to it. I know that i am a little hard on the movies, but when you have someone like Will Ferrell, i felt like his acting and character wasn't surprising enough. Its ironic that the character is supposed to be not so surprising but as a viewer, your expecting the lead to be a little out there. I didn't get that from this movie. it had a good start and didn't fulfill its original goal. I love Will Ferrell, I love Brad Pitt, hell i love all of Tina Fey's work, but this movie was disappointing.


SUMMARY
GRADE: C+
RECOMMENDATION: THIS ONE YOU CAN WAIT FOR REDBOX. IT WAS CHARMING BUT JUST FELL SHORT BY THE END. EDITING WASN'T GOOD.


2 comments:

  1. Bummer yet another review I disagree with it. I loved this movie and maybe it was because I saw it with a kid but I laughed, cried, and I thought it had a great story. Loved the ending! I would definitely give it a B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ron! i wanted to give it a better rating

    ReplyDelete