Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 12, 2010

Movie Review: Secretariat


SYNOPSIS: A woman's mother dies, the woman is on the verge of losing her father, and his farm. So instead of selling her fathers prize winning horses, she takes to the track with one of them.

CHARACTERS: You can't go wrong with Diane Lane...or can you? The characters were boring and over acted. It took too long for me to get interested in any of the characters including the lead. Diane Lane did her best, but it wasn't enough for my taste. I kept catching her lose her charisma, and bouncing in and out of character. By the end of the movie i understood all the chaos, but by then, I wanted to sleep.

REVIEW: I am losing my motivation to see horse movies, hence why i waited so long to see this one. Diane portrays an honorable character, yet i feel falls short, as well as everyone else. No one is believable, just boring. John Malcavich was my favorite of this movie. He was entertaining, and i was able to warm up to his normal quirky self. On a positive note, the horse races were amazing, and the powerful cinematography was absolutely beautiful. Save your money for something more entertaining.


SUMMARY:
GRADE C+
RECOMMENDATION: I was bored for most of the movie. Thank goodness for the races or i would have fell asleep. This has potential, but falls too short. Save your money



1 comment:

  1. I must respectfully disagree with everything about your review. I loved this movie and the story. It is based on true events and I was alive and watched this horse win those 3 races and it is amazing how they re-staged those races.

    I was not in anyway bored with the movie, it made me laugh and cry. The entire audience and the theater was full the night I saw it clapped at the end.

    I adore Diane Lane and let us just say if ever is a woman I would switch for it would be her.

    This movie deserves a B+ rating.

    ReplyDelete