Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 30, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: WALL STREET: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS









SYNOPSIS: After just being released from prison, shark tycoon, Gordon Gecko, learns of his daughters marriage, while Gordon's daughter wants nothing to do with him. At the same time Gordon son is law is obsessed with the man who is the "Gordon Gecko."

CHARACTERS: I really liked everyone in this movie. I have the unfortunate confession to say that I didn't see the first one. So my review i will have to say is not as educated as it should be. Seeing someone like shia labeouf play a serious role was a little awkward but didn't distract the movies point. Seeing Micheal Douglas reprising a vicious, heartless role was magical in my eyes. I would say that he was my favorite performance of the movie.

REVIEW: Although I haven't seen the first movie, "Money never sleeps" is an interesting plot, with a storyline that pertains to our time just like the original. The story can be confusing at times unless you have a degree, but somehow is still entertaining.

SUMMARY
GRADE B-
RECOMMENDATION: AS MUCH AS THIS MOVIE WAS ENTERTAINING, I'M VERY TORN BETWEEN WHETHER TO WATCH IT AT HOME OR TO GO TO THE MOVIES. SO SEE IT IN THE MOVIE THEATER IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE PERFORMANCES. BUT IF YOU WAITED UNTIL DVD, YOUR NOT MISSING ANYTHING.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure I agree totally. It was not the performances so much which intrigued me, it was the direction and the editor. The way the city was shown, the artful way messages were flashed across the screen like a stock ticker. The attention to detail was fantastic. I have seen the original and I think this was a nice way to tie up loose ends and say so much more about greed. I will agree with the actual letter grade but it is definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete