Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LIES-Aaron Gregory Austin

LIES-

I am looking at the world through a clear window.

I see only with the clarity of what I can see through it.

I wipe the tear I once held in…

I whisper, “It’s going to be ok, it’s going to be ok.”

I know its not, but lying is key in denial

This window is all I have left of him, that and memories.

“It’s going to be a great day” I whisper.

I know its not going to be, but lying is key in denial

A Ping Pong Ball drops from the counter.

Why am I remembering this, I am not ready to forgive

I am not ready to let go of my pain.

I am not ready to leave this hell that was built by him and I

Goodbye memories, Goodbye Shame, Goodbye Guilt, and

Goodbye to you for letting me go, and choosing someone

Who isn’t family.

Lying is key in denial.

Goodbye Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment