Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 28, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: THE SWITCH




SYNOPSIS: A Boring, oversensitive, executive switches his best friends donor sperm with his own after a drunk, blackout night. Years later he realizes his mistake.


CHARACTERS: There is absolutely no chemistry in this movie. You have good actors playing unattractive roles, and no chemistry. Did i mention the two "lovers" in this love story had no chemistry? Maybe its just me, but maybe its Jennifer Aniston. In the bounty hunter, Jennifer Aniston and Gerald Butler had no chemistry as well, which made the movie really stink. Moveover, Jenny, I like Jason better then you, which means i give him the benefit of the doubt this time.

REVIEW:
Where do i start. The movie had not a lot of original laughs They kept banking on "sperm" jokes for the main line of humor. So after about the first 20 minutes your over it. Jason Bateman plays a really boring character that really has no charisma, while Jennifer Aniston plays and even more stale character. There is a part in the movie where you should feel the connection between the two lead actors and well you don't. Instead i couldn't wait for the supporting cast to keep me awake. The supporting cast were original and funny and wish they would have stuck with them as the lead. They had more chemistry then the leads.

I know romantic comedies are supposed to be predictable, but by the end of the movie, i don't think anybody was trying. Instead, i couldn't wait for this one to end. I'm sorry Jason, I hope to work with you someday, but this was not your best choice.


SUMMARY:
GRADE D+
RECOMMENDATION: THIS MOVIE ISN'T WORTH WATCHING IN THEATERS, WAIT TILL IT GOES TO REDBOX.

EVEN THE RANDOM TOUCHING MOMENTS IT PLACES THROUGHOUT THE FILM AREN'T WORTH IT. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR THE NEXT JASON BATEMAN FILM.

1 comment:

  1. I think it rates higher than a D+. I would definitely give it a C+. I was surprised how little it was a romantic comedy and more of a drama. The actor who played the son was brilliant and I thought Jason and the kid had wonderful chemistry and the movie was really about their relationship as opposed to his and Jennifer's. I like Jason's character, perhaps I see much of me in that character. I would agree it is better to save your $10.00 and wait for it to be on some type of free or cheaper medium.

    ReplyDelete